Saturday, July 20, 2013

Victor's Crown // Blessings

Hello, I know I haven't been posting much on this blog so I shall do it now. This time, I'm going to share two song that really touched me.

Song #1: Blessings by Laura Story



I'm extremely touched by the chorus. I still remember Merilyn was the one who introduced it to me while we were on the bus back home. I hear the chorus I almost cried.. And this is how the chorus goes:

So what if your blessings comes through raindrops?
What if your healing comes through tears?
What is a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near?
What if the trials of this life are Your blessings in disguise?

I just felt that this song really is like the reality of life and our walk with Christ. Like sometimes it is those trials that we faced that brings us closer to God. Sometimes it is those trials that we realized we cannot use our own human strength and that we need to rely on Him. There are also instances that I feel trials are really blessings in disguise.

Journey with Christ isn't the easiest thing to do. But I believe that even if you have little on earth, as long as you keep doing what God has called you to do, you will be rich in heaven! The blessing and prize is waiting for you.

Song #2: Victor's Crown - Darlene Zschech



Whenever I sing this song, whether it is in cell group, or service, it just gives me this assurance. It is like I find comfort in this song because I know that Jesus has the victor's crown and that He is above anything in this world. My favourite part in this song would definitely be the bridge..

Every high thing must come down
Every stronghold shall be broken
For You wear the victor's crown
You've overcome, You've overcome

I could sing this over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment