Friday, November 29, 2013

Bible Boot Camp

Past few days were bible boot camp, however I only went for 2 out of the 4 days cause of work. But nevertheless it was still an amazing experience. T The power of God just swept through the whole place, and as young as the attendees of the camp may be (most of them are secondary school students), the atmosphere is as strong as ever! hese people are really powerful, they woke up early from wherever they stay every day during their holiday for 4 days this week and go all the way to Jurong West just for the camp!

12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12

Even though I'm not exactly a student now, but I'm still a youth! Those people that were at the camp will soon prove this verse right. A young generation of people that are hungry for God's word and His presence, this is the kind of youth that the church wants to raise up, it is also the kind of youth that Jesus wants to raise up. Looking at these people so excited for God's house also encourages me to want to seek God even more too!

The camp was really a blast, I remember on the last day I was there only at the last part of the first session, during the altar call. But the presence of God was so strong, the moment I start praying in tongues and worshipping God, tears started to flow down from my face. And then I feel in the presence of God. Some experienced holy laughter, but I didn't. That's fine. But what really touched me was how almost every single person was so hungry for God in that session. There and then, the holy spirit showed up and touch so many people.

17 'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.

I believe that these people's lives are never going to be the same again, they are going to go out into their schools and into the marketplace to make an impact. They are going to be the generation of people that will bring revival once again in their various campuses. They are going to be a generation of people who dare to dream, of things that they cannot even imagine. They are going to be a generation of people who will see visions, every single time they worship, the Holy Spirit will show them something new and fresh.

Out of the sessions that I went to, my favourite was still 'Youth e Leader'. It was preached by Pastor Yah Lan, and she applied the word to the students who are leaders or desiring to be a leader in their school. This word, I feel is for me as I'm going to be a CGL in the future. During the session, Pastor Yah Lang shared about the 7 attitude of a great leader. A leader is someone who goes out to serve people and not waiting for people to serve him/her. If one desires to be a great leader, he/she must first have a FIRM FOUNDATION. So then, what exactly is this 'firm foundation'? It is your attitude! How you respond to things that happen in your life, the good things and especially the bad things.

Your life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you respond to it!

I was like, wow, this sentence could not be more true. In simple terms, if you change your attitude, your life changes too! Just like Daniel in the bible, he was made a leader because he had a spirit of excellence, an attitude for excellence in everything that he do.

3 Then this Daniel distinguished himself above the governors and satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king gave thought to setting him over the whole realm
Daniel 6:3

 Daniel became great, because of his attitude! :) So then what 7 attitudes should someone great has? 

1. Willingness
2. Confidence
3. Humility
4. Thankfulness
5. Serving
6. Generosity
7. Obedience

Personally, I cannot say that I've achieved them all, but I'm on the way there. Still climbing the ladder. Of course my goal is to be the best that I can be, bringing more people closer to God. I think that some of these attitudes I need to work on it a little more than the others. This work is not going to be easy, attitude cannot be changed overnight, so I'll try hard to work on these ;) I'm excited for this journey of change, molding and growing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment