Monday, August 26, 2013

Be Thankful.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 
 In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Everything in our life happens for a reason, good things and bad. God planned it all whether we may like it or not. Sometimes it is not the easiest thing to give thanks for whatever that is happening to us right now. But we cannot enter into the holies of holies unless we give thanks. Like what is written in Psalm 100:4 "Enter His gates with Thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise..." Like what most of us have learnt in bible study, you know that the first thing you have to do is to give thanks to God.

But for what?

Well, for everything that could possible be worse in your life. You have a home? Give thanks for it. Have food on the table? Give thanks for it. You have someone that cares about you? Give thanks for him/her.

The list is endless. Start each new day with thanksgiving, you will be amazed at how much of a difference it will make. Personally I sometimes 'forget' to do it, because I'm rushing out for something or things like that. But as much as I can, I will try to do it. Most of the time it is just in my heart I say it. Also, I've recently been trying to be thankful for THIS MOMENT. Meaning that as things are happening, I thank God for it. I've come to realize that though it is not the easiest thing to do, it is that one thing that will really make you happy, to really appreciate how blessed I am as a child of God. 

Today, I thank God for a smooth first day at practicum. Thank God for the good school and friendly teachers. I thank God for the good afternoon rest. I thank God that He put me in a place I am reminded of His grace every day. I thank God for the food.. Thank God for even this quiet time to type this whole post out and (probably) blessing someone as they read this.

There is power in thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment